Dog Boarding & Daycare FAQs
Boarding FAQ's & Policies
Drop Off & Pick Up Times for Boarding
Monday – Saturday: 8 am – 11 am, 5 pm – 6 pm
Sunday: 8 am -11 am
HOLIDAYS: Although although we are not available for drop off or pick up services we are still providing custom care for all clients 7 days a week 365 days a year. We are closed for drop off/ pick ups on the following holidays: Christmas, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving.
Yes! All new clients are required to complete an evaluation prior to booking a reservation. Evaluations can be scheduled Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:30am – 6pm. A non refundable fee of $35 (full day) is charged which includes sales tax. No reservations will be held until evaluations are done. We do not allow any walk in visitors for safety reasons. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
Non-Refundable Evaluation Fee: $35.00 (includes tax).
$100.00 Deposit is required. Deposits will be returned if cancellation is 7 days prior to check in date. Deposits will be non-refundable if cancellation is less than 7 days prior. We do not allow shortening your reservation within 7 days prior.
During holidays and peak times we require 2 weeks notice for refunds.
Reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of the deposit.
Waggs-And-Woofs always charges for the day that your pet arrives regardless of the time you bring your pet in. Your reservation date is day # 1. If your pet is picked up by 11 am, you are not charged for the departure morning. If your pet stays later than our morning checkout time, you are charged for the remainder of that day. We base our charging on a Hotel System.
Waggs-And-Woofs never charges EXTRA for “PEAK” times. Our boarding rate remains the same throughout the entire year.
Yes! Oral medications that can be given with your pets meal are given at no extra charge. However, if your pet needs to be “pilled”, needs ear medication, eye medication, or topical medication, there will be a nominal fee of $2.00 per administration.
Absolutely! Waggs-And-Woofs is protected by a state of the art security system & Generac Generator.
- Please bring an ample supply of your dog’s food (and treats). Dogs are very sensitive to changes in their diets and we don’t want their tummies getting upset. All food must be in Ziploc or airtight containers, labeled with any feeding instructions and your dog’s name.
- We will ONLY accept stainless steel bowls for your dog’s food and water.
- We encourage you to bring personal belongings and toys that will help your doggy adapt to their new surroundings. A blanket or favorite toy will likely put them at ease and make their stay much more enjoyable. Waggs-And- Woofs does not accept any Rawhide products. All personal items will be kept in their suite.
- Any medication must be in a safe container with your dog’s name and administration instructions included.
We reserve the right to deny admittance to dogs lacking proof of vaccinations, and/or dogs displaying signs of untreated or potentially contagious conditions, and/or aggressive behavior. Minimum age for all services is 4 months of age and vaccinations current.
All pets arriving must be in good health with vaccination records current. Any pet requiring medical attention will be taken to the veterinarian. Charges will be at the owners expense. Every effort will be taken to contact the owner prior to treatment.
The essential vaccinations for your dog are as follows: Rabies, 1 or 3 year (puppies six months of age) DHLPP, Bordetella (administered within the previous 12 months, and more than 14 days prior to a boarding reservation). Negative Fecal Exam within the last 1 year. All vaccination records must be from a licensed veterinarian. Additionally we require that you maintain a year-round treatment for ticks and fleas in order to protect our facility from any contamination and thus protect all of our guests. We recommend topical solutions such as Frontline and Advantage. These products are available over the counter or from your veterinarian. Please talk to your veterinarian about your options and frequency of treatment. All dogs over the age of 7 months must be Spayed/Neutered to participate in daycare.
* Bordetella is a vaccination to help prevent a condition known as “canine cough”. It has shown that this vaccination has little protection after twelve months, thus we require that it be administered within the 12 months prior to a boarding, daycare,or spa visit. It has also been a known fact that the vaccination can cause a break through and actually cause a mild form of canine cough so it is advisable that all Bordetella vaccinations be given a minimum of two weeks (14 days) prior to any visit or stay. Please note that Bordetella is a virus family of over 200 strains and that all vaccinations on the market today only cover about 30 of the most common strains. Bordetella vaccinations do not guarantee any protection from this virus, but it does help if the strains encountered are of the most common variety. Waggs-And-Woofs takes care to make sure that all dogs are vaccinated against canine cough, but we DO NOT take responsibility for any break through, or outbreaks in this large family of virus.
Daycare FAQ's & Policies
- Drop offs are between 7-9 AM
- Pick ups are between 4-6 PM
- Daycare services are offered Monday-Friday.
- No daycare on major holidays.
Yes all dogs must pass a temperament evaluation. For legal and safety reasons we do not accept dogs with aggressive behavior or showing signs of illness.
Rabies, DHLPP, Bordetella, and a negative fecal exam (within the last year).
We focus on small group play and enrichment services. Space is limited and require reservations.
- Dogs must be 4 months of age and current on all vaccinations to participate.
- After 7 months of age ALL dogs must be spayed/ neutered.
Yes for safety reasons dogs will be evaluated and properly grouped.
We offer two indoor climate controlled play areas with special rubberized flooring (Tender Foot) specifically designed for canine use. *Dogs should never play on concrete floors to help protect their joints.
Absolutely! We can give your dog 1 on 1 play and enrichment for the day.
ALL our boarding clients are allowed to participate at daycare while boarding at no extra charge.
No our daycare combines group play, focused customized enrichment, and nap time.